feeling rushed off your feet ?
Busyness can be a huge distraction from living our lives can’t it. Some of us have such a strong sense of obligation that we end up being absent from our own lives because of our committments to everyone else. Does this ring any bells… ?. Life moves at such a crazy speed these days, in the past we may have felt like we were running on our own personal hamster wheel barely managing to cling on but now us little hamsters feel more like we are being flung out into space at the speed of a launched rocket !!
Particularly at this time of the year, life gets so hectic doesn’t it with all the obvious stuff to juggle like work, home life, christmas, family, and lets not forget our social lives too. Some of us may begin to feel that our usual level of busyness is growing due to things outside our control. But here’s the thing, actually it is mostly within our control if only we said “No” sometimes. Learning to say “No” is a whole topic in its self which I will leave for another time but as I am focussing on Self Care this month I thought I would break down some points that are worth considering if you want to learn to take your foot of the accellerater pedal and gain back a bit of control and joy into your life.
- Say good bye to Perfection – this is a big one ladies ! Lightening up on the “Perfection Scale” can help us to feeling happier with our lot but it is oh so hard to do if you are a busy perfectionist, I am still a work in progress on this point ! There is so much pressure on women to “do it all” but actually the biggest voice that fuels this thought process is the voice in our own heads, so kick that idea of being perfect into the long grass. Only focus on achieving what is actually important in that moment and any more than that is a bonus. And, remember to take a minute out of your day to think of all the great things that you have achieved, I bet it is way more than you give yourself credit for.
- Make yourself your priority first thing in the morning. If you don’t set yourself up well for the day how can you expect to achieve everything you feel you have to get done. You are gorgeous and that takes a little bit of time, love and care so put in place a great morning and evening routine that suits you and that you stick too no matter what. If you feel well in yourself you will most likely do a better job of getting through the tasks ahead.
- I find I get super cranky when I don’t eat regularly so don’t skip meals or drinking your water.
- When you feel overwhelmed, try writing things down. A list helps you to prioritise your thoughts and decide what things really are urgent. When you are overly busy it is easy to forget things – there is only so much juggling one gal can take, writing stuff down will reduce some of the pressure you may be feeling.
- Put structure into your day. Figure out when is your most productive time of the day and make a plan to do the hardest chores/jobs then. I find it easier to get the jobs I hate done early in the day or I just spend the whole day fretting about that job that I have to do later on. A waste of mental energy ladies. Jumping around on a mini trampoline between jobs on your to do list can help to relieve tension or give your stiff body a break if you have been hunched over a computer for too long. And, no matter how busy you are, giving yourself a “carrot”, for example “when I finish XYZ, I am going out for a lovely walk or I’m going to meet someone for a drink”…. a little enticement never hurt anyone.
At the end of the day you can’t be everything to everyone and your best is always good enough. And don’t forget that being kind to ourselves is always respected by others as that is how they know that you treat them too. Have a gorgeous weekend lovelies 💞